Friday, March 18, 2011

Espaaannnaa!

hola mis amgos!!

I´m currently sitting in my hostel in Madrid... it´s right in El Sol (the hub or center of the city). It´s the perfect location and we can walk anywhere. Madrid isn´t a big city (or so it seems) so we´ve been walking everywhere pretty much. There will have to be a whole other blog post about Madrid, because my experiences in Barcelona and Madrid are completely different and deserve their own blog posts.

I´m probably going to hold off on the Barcelona blog post, too, until I return to London and can upload some pictures to break up the novel. So this blog post really isn´t that substantial, but I´m on a strict 30 minute computer session at the hostel. The third, 30-minute session. Í like to think they keep granting me extra sessions because I ask them in Spanish (even though I know they speak English).

But, I will say that Barcelona is by far my favorite city in Europe thus far. I LOVED it. The scenery, the beach, the weather, the people, the architecture, the art, the culture, the food, the shopping... everything. I cannot say enough good things about Barcelona. It will be the first city I come back to (after London of course) in the future. That being said, transitioning into Madrid from a city like Barcelona... was kind of a letdown. Not a huge letdown, because Madrid is beautiful and has a really great atmosphere, too, but Barcelona won me over. Madrid didn´t stand a chance. I still have two more days of Madrid, though, so we´ll see what great things this city has to offer me.

Lots of more Spain blog posts to come in the next few days!!!

Adios mis amores!

No comments:

Post a Comment