Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I have less than a month left in Europe. I can't believe how time has flown! It really does seem like just yesterday that I was back at Marquette worrying about if my dad was even going to let me study abroad....and I can also clearly remember my first few days in London... being so excited and thrilled with life. And even though that initial excitement feeling has gone away (only because I've adjusted and made London my home away from home), I still have that "Am I really here?" question lingering about. And before I know it, I'll be back home in Shrewsbury, wondering "Did I really go to London for 4 months?" It's all such a blur. Maybe because I've done SO much. I can hardly fathom that during my time here I've seen a lot of London, been to Dublin/Galway/Cliffs of Moher, Munich, Berlin, Paris, Scotland, Oxford, Manchester, Barcelona, Madrid and Switzerland. Kinda crazy if you ask me. It's been such a whirlwind journey thus far but I've loved every minute of it. I can't even picture myself back at Marquette come August, walking to class on Wisconsin Ave. or grabbing lunch at the Union...

You know what's also crazy? That after I leave London, I still have a whole new adventure in NYC waiting for me. I find out in the next week or so what magazine I will be working for (I'm pretty nervous... cross your fingers I get a good one!). 4 months in Europe, 2 months in NYC... then back to Marquette. This is not my life!

I need to make the most of my last few weeks though. There's still so much to do and see here! Jackie and I are going to make a quick day trip down to the coast to Brighton, then I need to go back to a few museums, go to Harrod's... then there's the Royal Wedding on April 29!! Looks like Jackie and I will be camping out by Buckingham Palace to get a good view of the procession/and first kiss on the balcony. London is going to be one big celebration that day.

But before all that... me and the girls have one last trip. to ITALY!!!! We leave early tomorrow morning for Venice, then train to Florence on Saturday, then train to Rome on Monday, then back to London on Thursday. We've been looking forward to this trip all semester... in fact, it was the first one we planned. So now that it's finally here, we're all in disbelief!! And the weather forecast for Italy all week: mid-70s and sunny :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment