Monday, April 25, 2011

Royal Wedding countdown

As I mentioned, I will be somewhat of a Royal Wedding correspondent for a daily newspaper I interned for last summer... the Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

Today I went out to Oxford Street/Hyde Park area, and then on over to Buckingham Palace to see what was going on there. The media booths have been set up and you could even see several broadcasters inside reporting to cameras. Union jack flags were hoisted on posts all around the palace, and barricades were ready to block off the crowds come Friday.

Here is the link to some photos I took at souvenir shops and by Buckingham Palace! You can see there's been a lot of preparations... and a lot of Kate & William memorabilia sales. Photos!

I was at Primark (why oh why do I continue to go to such a crazy zoo of a store.. way too many people in one place!).. and they were selling replicas of Kate's blue sapphire engagement ring. Ok, I did buy a princess crown to wear on Friday (it will also double as my birthday crown come June 18)... but a replica blue sapphire ring?!? London is crazy, I'm telling you. If you wanted Royal Wedding toilet paper, you could probably find it somewhere. Not even kidding.. these stores have everything!

I also bought a union jack flag to wave around on Friday, and a commemorative program for keeping's sake.

I'm half scared for my life because the crowds are going to be nuts this weekend, but I'm also SO excited!!! I'm super lucky I get to be over here for such a big event. I haven't decided who is more into the Royal Wedding, the Americans or the British. Either way, Friday is going to be the celebration of the year, if not the decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment