Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BEST NIGHT EVER

Tonight me and the girls went to Camden to try and get some tickets for one of our favorite bands, Mumford and Sons, which was performing a small gig at a venue (come to find out it's for their record label and half of the people there were on the guest list). After waiting for 3.5 hours in the cold without much hope for extra tickets being sold.... they finally let us in! The show was AMAZING. Super intimate, Mumford and Sons are incredible live... they truly put a lot of heart and soul into their music. To top it off they are from London, so how perfect was it to watch them perform in their home city. We were treated to some of their new songs, too!

Before the show I took a break from standing in line to go find a bathroom at the pub attached to the venue and as I'm walking up to the doors, who do I see? Marcus Mumford, lead singer of the band, just hanging out with friends. Whoa! I had to stop in my tracks and think about what I was seeing, then I ran back to the girls and we all went back over to his area and stood there staring at him. When we got back into line we realized we should've taken a picture with him or at least said hi! Darn.

We also met Ginny Weasley, a character from the Harry Potter movies!!!!! Even though I'm not a Harry Potter follower, it was still super cool to see her and get our picture taken with her. (we learned our lesson from the Marcus incident... get a photo with a famous person if you see her/him!)

And then we all got a laugh in the underground station on the way home when we saw a dog on an escalator with its owner! So funny!

And then! BEST NEWS. waiting in my e-mail when I got back to my room was an acceptance to the American Society of Magazine Editor's summer internship program!!! I read one line of the e-mail, started crying of happiness, called my mom and then a few friends... but really I could hardly function! Then I read the rest of the e-mail and found out some more details: I'll either be placed at a magazine in NYC, D.C. or Boston... kind of hoping it's NYC because that's where all the top magazines are. I get paid each week (woohoo!) but also have to pay for housing (boooo!). I'll find out more information next month, but I have two days to decide. Not a hard decision at all but me and my parents will have to figure out the financial stuff.. especially after come back from an expensive semester abroad! All these great things are happening but it still doesn't leave me any richer haha... oh boy. WHAT A NIGHT!

Tonight is unreal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment