Sunday, February 27, 2011

Top things of London

I am procrastinating my coursework so I thought I would write this list (even though I think I've done something similar before)

Top 10 favorite places/things in London

1. St. Paul's Cathedral - just something about it, the color, the design, the way it looks over the Thames River... I can't get enough of it!
2. Tower Bridge - most beautiful bridge I've ever seen
3. Big Ben- it just never gets old even if it is the most recognizable building in London
4. Tate Modern Museum - made me realize how much I love modern art
5. Covent Garden - lots to do, street performers, so pretty at night... right near all the major locations
6. Westminster Abbey's Evensong - such a peaceful 45 minutes, and the chorus' voices are amazing
7. Spitalfields Market - I love the variety of vendors, from jewelry to soaps to baked goods.
8. Boardwalk/London Eye - so many street performers, just a really fun area
9. V&A Museum - such a huge & beautiful museum, and so much variety in the exhibits
10. St. James Park- so pretty with the river and all the different types of birds

Little things I love about London

International hub- one second I'm hearing French, then Spanish, then Italian.. then a Scottish accent. Most recently I've met people from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada (french, Montreal), Israel, Brazil, Finland, Belgium, France, Poland. an
Old and the new - right across the river from the Tower of London, is the Shard which is soon to be one of the tallest building in Europe
Cute British children with adorable British accents. need I say more?
Transportation... even though it's quite expensive, it's pretty easy to use, it's clean and I feel safe/comfortable using it by myself
Cadbury chocolate
Pub culture.. I think it's so cool that friends (men in particular) can just gather at a pub after work for a beer and to watch a football game
Museums- so many amazing museums here. Just in this past week I have stared at a Picasso, Pollock, DaVinci and Monet piece.
Centrality- I love being in what seems like the center of the world. it's so easy to get anywhere I want to go, whether it be across the city, up to Manchester or to another country.
Meal Deals- America needs to follow the lead of London and other European cities/countries. 2 pound sandwich/drink/chips lunch deal, 5 pound burger/fries/cider deal, etc. I haven't spent more than 6 or 7 pounds on a meal.. thank you Tesco and Wetherspoons

No comments:

Post a Comment