Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Today we took a tour of Westminister Abbey for my Historic London class. I had been inside three years ago for an Evensong, but didn't get a chance to see the rest of the abbey and the hundreds of tombs of memorials I didn't even know existed! So. so many. Aside from the many kings and queens, Geoffrey Chaucer , Isaac Newton and Charles Dickens were buried there. Not that the royalty isn't important, but I know more about Charles Dickens and Isaac Newton than I do about Henry III.

Unfortunately I've been in a bit of a funk recently... things aren't going my way this week but hopefully they'll turn around. Once I figure out the rest of my travel plans and have some things set in stone, I'll be a little less stressed.

Last night I went to see the "Heretic," a black comedy about global warming/environmental issues, at the Royal Court Theatre in Chelsea. This Arts in London class is certainly doing a great job at making me a more cultured "Londoner"... or whatever of a Londoner I am! I had some questions when the play ended and I thought the whole theme never really ended up with a conclusion, but overall it was a hilarious play. We were laughing the whole time. Bravo! And something cool: a really great bluegrass musician along with an actress from "Bend it like Beckham" were two of the actors in the play.

Well, that's about it for now! I'll be working on my 5 PAPERS for the next few days, then Glasgow here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment