Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thought I'd post a quick blog entry before I head off to Munich in the a.m.! Our flights is pretty early, too early to get to the airport with public transportation, so me, Jen and Jackie are heading to the airport tonight and having a good ol' fashioned sleepover. Should be interesting. But.. we're going it again for Paris in a few weeks so I guess we'll just have to get used to it!


I'm so so excited for Munich, even though I'm nervous about the language barrier. I have a list of a few words I'll need to know but other than that...


We'll be doing a walking tour when we get there to get acquainted with the city, then Friday we're doing a Dachau concentration camp tour. It would've been easy for us to just take the train, walk around and go back to Munich but I think the tour will be worth it.. I want to know what I'm looking at!


We return to London on Saturday night and I'm hoping to be full of sausage, spaetzle and good German beer by then!


On other, equally if not more exciting note, me and the girls booked our week in Italy for April!! On April 7 we will be flying to Venice, and from there continue onto Florence and then onto Rome. The weather should be beautiful by that point (I heard it already is so I can't imagine what it'll be like then!). We don't have a ticket back to London from Rome.. so we're leaving our options open.. but a lot of us want a beach.. anywhere. Almalfi Coast? Nice? Greece? Let's see what my financial situation is at that point haha.


I'm also trying to set down some Spain plans because I realized how important it is for me to make it there while I'm abroad. More important than any Eastern European country or city (although, I'd love to see Prague, Berlin, Switzerland, Amsterdam). It might end up being the middle of March that I do that... potentially flying to Barcelona by myself, seeing the city then meeting a friend in Madrid. Ahhh! So much to think about.. but I really want to go and use my Spanish!


Alrighty, off to catch some dinner with the girls at our favorite Wetherspoons pub yummm :)


auf wiedersehen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment