Sunday, January 23, 2011

Another great weekend in London!

Had a blast with Julia on Friday night.. it was so good to see her! I'm used to being half way across the country from her for the majority of the year because of university, but now we're in the same city for a semester.. and London of all cities.

On Saturday me and the girls went to Portobello Market and Notting Hill to check out what is supposedly London's largest antiques market.


The streets were lined with vendors, musicians, cafes, vintage clothing stores, antique stores, etc. So many people! There was a lot to look at and even though I wanted to buy some things here and there, I reminded myself that I could always come back. It's weird but awesome that I'm not just visiting... I'm living here and I can go back to these places time and time again. 

For lunch I had to decided between the vendor that was cooking bratwurst (smelled amazing) and the Ghanaian vendor. Even though the Milwaukee in me wanted a brat, I figured I wouldn't have many future chances to eat Ghanaian food... so I went with that. Peanut chicken and rice. So spicy, but so yummy. The brats can wait until I get to Germany!

On our way out of the market we stopped at the famous Hummingbird Bakery. Not sure why it's famous but there was a line out the door, so it seemed like a safe bet. 


Best cupcake I've ever had. 

Today me, Liz and Jackie went on the Beatles Magical Mystery tour which brought us to the likes of Paul McCartney's studio, the studio where the Beatles recorded Hey Jude, the site of the infamous rooftop concert, the art studio and club where John Lennon met Yoko Ono, Abbey Road Studios and the Abbey Road crosswalk.


There I am crossing Abbey Road! I wish the road wasn't so busy... I had to rush to get across it! Oh well, it was still cool :)

In other news, me and the girls are trying to plan a multiple-city trip to Prague, Krakow and Munich. We thought about Berlin instead of Munich but I think Berlin is going to have to be a bigger trip... too much to do there!

And now.. I am streaming the Packers/Bears game. Not sure who I'm rooting for and I'd be reluctant to say the Bears because I know several of my blog readers are Packers fans, and I don't want to lose their readership! I do go to school in Wisconsin... maybe I'm a Packers fan. Ah well, it's still nice to watch some American football.

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment