Friday, January 21, 2011

Today was a good day. I found my favorite two spots in London: St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tate Modern Museum.

Me and the girls took a walk down to the Thames River, which I didn't realize was about a 20 minute walk from my dorm. Awesome. On our side of the Thames was St. Paul's Cathedral.


I wish the picture did it justice. What a beautiful cathedral... I couldn't stop taking pictures of it! We didn't go inside it today but hopefully soon I'll get a chance to.

We then crossed the Millenium Bridge over the Thames River to get to the Tate Modern Museum on the other side. On our way across the bridge, off to the left was this familiar bridge..


London Bridge! One of these days we'll be going over closer to it, where the Tower of London is, too!

Next up was the Tate. I'm usually not a big fan of museums, but hey, when it's free, you might as well check it out. And I'm sooo glad we did. Modern art is pretty wacky I have to admit, but I found it absolutely intriguing. Most of the time you wonder how the heck the artist came up with whatever the art was.. whether it was a random splatter of paint or a blank canvas with one line through it. The Tate put me face to face with Picasso paintings, Jackson Pollock paintings, Andy Warhol artwork, etc. But the Picasso paintings were what really blew my mind. There I was just feet from a Picasso painting. Incredible.


After a few postcard purchases from the gift shop we headed back to the dorms for some supper. And now, Julia (a best friend since middle school who is studying in London) is headed my direction and were going out on the town tonight! Can't wait. 

Today was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment