Monday, January 10, 2011

A lesson in Rugby

Yesterday our new friend Teddy took me, Alex, Jackie, Katherine and Liz to see a Rugby game about an hour train ride outside of London. I guess London has 5 teams so we saw the Saracens play the London Irish. Rugby is very similar to our American football, except there's a lot less padding (and therefore, a lot more medical team assistants on watch, observing possible injuries to players.), a lot more tackling and throwing people on the ground, less stop and go stop and go, and better looking players.. Take a look for yourself.

We were freeeeezing, but otherwise it was a bloody good time! Later that night we went to a local pub and watched the Packers/Eagles game.. can't say I'm a fan of either team but it was nice to get my American football fill. We brought Teddy along and taught him about our football... it's only fair we both introduced each other to new sports!



Today I had my first class: Visual Journalism. I thought having a 11-12:50 class would be hell but it actually flew by! Everyone is from different countries, two girls from Spain, two from France, one from Switzerland, one from Germany, one from Poland (woot woot!), one from Indonesia, one was English and the other was also from an Asian country. I LOVE having all this diversity... it is exactly what I came here for. And everyone is super nice and welcoming. The class is a full year course so me and Andrei (fellow Marquette journalism major) were thrown into the middle of things but it shouldn't be too difficult to catch up. Everyone seems to be at about the same level of skills. First assignment: take a picture of news. Ahhhh! Must. find. news. But still.. I can't wait to get started with photography. Tomorrow I have British Media, International News and Performing Arts in London. Can't wait!

Now.. off to do some cheap grocery shopping and signing up for a gym membership.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment