Saturday, January 29, 2011

Marquette pride in London! Tonight me and the other Marquette students studying at City headed downtown to the Sports Cafe for a get-together and Marquette basketball game viewing with Marquette alumni living in London! First we stopped in Chinatown to take a look around and grab some dinner at this place called "Friendly Inn"... unfortunately they weren't as friendly as their name indicates!

At the Sports Cafe the alumni group reserved a room just for us and they had decorated it with Marquette colors and posters. So cool! It made me a little homesick but it was nice we were all able to get together.

We chatted with several alumni, one guy who also worked for the Marquette Tribune while studying at MU! Him and his wife are ex-Patriots (they were sent by his business to London for two years... I wouldn't complain if my company paid for me to go to London for two years!) so it was interesting to hear their story! She also misses Target as much as we do and is still learning all the different phrases used here. ex. "are you alright?" = "how are you?"

The Marquette group took a picture together, which was then sent back to Milwaukee and put on the Jumbotron at the basketball game! My friends told me they saw the picture on the big screen. How cool. When I'm at the games I can't get onto the jumbotron, but when I go abroad, I'm on it!

On our way back from the game we stopped for a dessert and looked in a giant souvenir shop near Picadilly Circus. Overall, a good night!

I think tomorrow we might try to find a market around here but for the most part, we're wanting to save some money. Headed to Ireland on Thursday morning!!  :)

Toodles! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment