Monday, January 17, 2011

Top of the mornin'? We're going to Ireland!

Alex, Jen and I just bought our plane tickets to Dublin.. and from Dublin we're going to Galway for a few days! Alex has a friend there so that will be great to have someone who can show us around. Roundtrip plane tickets (Ryan air) and two nights in a hostel cost us a total of near 70 pounds ($120?)... not bad!! We'll be there Feb. 3 through Feb. 5.. so two days in Galway and a bit of time in Dublin. Guinness Factory perhaps? In Galway I'm hoping to do the Cliffs of Moher tour...



^beautiful, huh?

I'm so excited to start traveling and I think Ireland will be a great start to a series of trips. Next place we're talking about is Paris.. and then a week in Italy sometime in February or March? Jackie has friends in Florence and Tuscany, and we of course have to visit Rome. Not sure if a week in Italy is enough.. might have to go back :)

I feel so lucky to have all these opportunities right at my fingertips. This really is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I wish I could just be on the move and exploring all day every day, but my first week or so really took a toll on me. I have a head cold and NyQuil and DayQuil are my best friends right now. The guys down the hall told me to "drink through it" (British culture right there haha) but I think I have to sleep through it this time.

Last night we went to Haymarket Square to watch the American football games at a sports cafe... they charged us 5 pounds to get in. Blokes! And after all that, I had to watch my dear Patriots lose to the Jets... the Jets fans around me didn't make it much better. But, I must say that it was awesome to see so many American college students flock to the same London bar from all over the city.

That's it for now, long day of classes tomorrow then me and Jackie are going on a walk to see St. Paul's Cathedral. And on Wednesday night we're all going on a Jack the Ripper tour!! Should be a good week :)

I love you London

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment