Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jen, Jackie and I booked our tickets to Munich! Leaving Thursday morning, February 10th and coming home Saturday night Feb. 11th. Ireland one weekend, Munich the next. I'm so lucky.

We are hoping to see Dachau (first concentration camp) when we're there, go on a walking tour recommended by Marie, visit Hofbrauhaus (cliche German beer hall) among other sightseeing things. I originally wanted to do a multiple city trip including Krakow and Prague but the budget airlines don't seem to fly between these places. Annoying! I'd prefer to kill a few birds with one stone, but that'll have to wait until April when we have more time to use other forms of transportation.

Tonight I think we're buying our tickets to Paris. Ahhhh! I've heard from some people that Paris wasn't that great but how is that even possible. It's Paris. And we're wanting to do a day trip to Versailles! Cannot wait.

And plans are beginning to come together for Spain and Italy in April. Hopefully jumping from Venice to Florence/Tuscany then down to Rome... then over to Sevilla to see Mel, and doing Barcelona and Madrid with her. So much to see in both countries... Europeans have it so lucky that they're easily able to travel to all these amazing places. That's why I want to do as much as possible when I'm here. Who knows when I'll be back again!

Aside from all these fun things and planning various trips, classes have been ok! Nothing too exciting. Visual photography assignment for next week: take a picture of climate change. Last time I checked, we are in London... where am I supposed to locate climate change weather conditions. There isn't any snow, either. I guess it gives me something semi-challenging to work on! In British Media we had a an editor from the Independent come to speak to us about the new paper (The I) they recently created. It's basically a shorter version of the Independent, costs only 20 pence (theory behind it was that it's only one coin, not much else is as cheap at 20 pence, but because it costs something people aren't going to just throw it away like other free papers). It's a pretty big risk to create another newspaper in a time where many newspapers are losing readership, but I think it's a great idea.

In International News we had an international freelancer speak to us. She currently works for a paper in Yemen but freelances her articles for other global papers. Props to her for living and working in Yemen... but you won't catch me there!

Tomorrow, we'll go on another walking tour for Historic London, and then at night I'm headed downtown to a play for my Performing Arts class. Should be a busy and interesting day.

...3 weeks since I've been in London. I can hardly believe it! But I'm so happy to be here. Loving this city :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment